Explore Trinidad and Tobago, the best introduction to tropical birding on the planet, with our 10-Day, 2-Island Classic Tour. Based out of Trinidad’s world-renowned Asa Wright Nature Centre (AWNC) and Tobago’s Cuffie River Nature Retreat, you’ll discover a fascinating cross-section of brilliant birds from the Caribbean and South America.
Tour Highlights on Trinidad
- Travel with AWNC’s expert guides, who share robust knowledge and friendly, world-class guiding skills
- Savor six nights at the classic AWNC; relish morning coffee and birding on the famous verandah
- Gain exclusive access to enigmatic Oilbirds in the grotto of Dunston Cave, on the Centre’s grounds
- Witness skies turned crimson with thousands of Scarlet Ibis coming in to roost in Caroni National Park
Tour Highlights on Tobago
- Arrive to a frenzy at the lodge’s feeders, perfect for observation and photography
- Enjoy creative tropical architecture; let the breeze be your ventilation in this peaceful mountain retreat
- Marvel at dinner guests that may include — just outside — a White-tailed Nightjar or the Common Potoo
- Visit Tobago’s historic Main Forest Ridge Preserve and Little Tobago Island
Photo credits: Banner: Solitary Sandpiper, Mike Boyce; Great Egret, Mike Boyce; Green-rumped Parrotlet, Mike Boyce; Frog, Mike Boyce; Frank's Boat Tours to Little Tobago Island, Mike Boyce; Purple Honeycreepers, Peg Abbott; Boat-billed Herons, Tom Dove; Brown Violetear, Dave Ramlal.