Explore Trinidad and Tobago, the best introduction to tropical birding on the planet, with our 10-Day, 2-Island Classic Tour. Based out of Trinidad’s world-renowned Asa Wright Nature Centre (AWNC) and Tobago’s Cuffie River Nature Retreat, you’ll discover a fascinating cross-section of brilliant birds from the Caribbean and South America.
Tour Highlights on Trinidad
- Travel with AWNC’s expert guides, who share robust knowledge and friendly, world-class guiding skills
- Savor six nights at the classic AWNC; relish morning coffee and birding on the famous verandah
- Gain exclusive access to enigmatic Oilbirds in the grotto of Dunston Cave, on the Centre’s grounds
- Witness skies turned crimson with thousands of Scarlet Ibis coming in to roost in Caroni National Park
- Special for Leatherback Turtle nesting season, visit Matura Beach at sunset to watch females come ashore to lay eggs, April through July ... by June there is also the incredible chance to witness hatchlings
Tour Highlights on Tobago
- Arrive to a frenzy at the lodge’s feeders, perfect for observation and photography
- Enjoy creative tropical architecture; let the breeze be your ventilation in this peaceful mountain retreat
- Marvel at dinner guests that may include — just outside — a White-tailed Nightjar or the Common Potoo
- Visit Tobago’s historic Main Forest Ridge Preserve and Little Tobago Island
Photo credits: Banner: Solitary Sandpiper, Mike Boyce; Ruddy Turnstone, Bob Behrstock; Butterfly Orchid, Buck Snelson; Antillean Skimmer, Buck Snelson; Trinidad Piping-guan, Dave Ramlal; Snowy Egret flock at Caroni Swamp, Buck Snelson; Copper-rumped Hummingbird, Mike Boyce; Common Potoo, Mike Boyce; Crimson-crested Woodpecker; Mike Boyce.