Each spring and summer thousands of Leatherback Turtles visit their ancestral nesting grounds on the beaches of Trinidad, laying enough eggs to produce hundreds of thousands of offspring. From April through July, our tours to the world-famous asa Wright nature Centre offer the opportunity to witness this amazing spectacle, as well as to see all the trogons, hummingbirds, honeycreepers and hawk-eagles the Centre is famous for.
More Information About Turtle Trips
Some great reports from the field on visiting Trinidad & Tobago during Leatherback Turtle nesting season and Green Season.
Kenn & Kim Kaufman (Black Swamp Bird Observatory)
- This is a blog post by Kenn & Kim about seeing Leatherback Turtles in Trinidad.
- This is a blog post by Kenn & Kim about green season birding in Trinidad
- This is a blog post by Kenn & Kim about seeing Scarlet Ibis in Trinidad
Bill Thompson III (Editor of Bird Watcher’s Digest)
- A blog post by Bill about seeing Leatherback Turtles in Trinidad
- A blog post by Bill about getting beyond the verandah at Asa Wright
- A blog post by Bill about the no so Great Kiskadee
Jeff Bouton (Leica Sport Optics)
- A blog post about Green Season birding in Trinidad
- A great gallery of digiscoped bird photos from Trinidad & Tobago
- Another great gallery of digiscoped bird photos from Trinidad & Tobago
Group Tours with Turtle Trips
Birding Ventures for Independent Travelers
with Turtle Trips