Join this special 10-Day, 2-Island Classic Trinidad and Tobago birding and nature tour, the very best introduction to tropical birding. This tour is part of the Asa Wright Nature Centre’s 50th Anniversary celebrations and features field guide author and illustrator David Allen Sibley. Well-known to birders and artists, David is excited to share his expertise with you.
Trinidad, with its nearness to Venezuela, offers a variety of birds not usually seen on an island, while Tobago feels completely different — classic Caribbean. Combined, these islands offer a variety of habitats that yield dramatic diversity.
This tour stays at the world-renowned Asa Wright Nature Centre (AWNC) for the first six nights. Join David on the Centre’s famous verandah for incredible birding — if you are new to the tropics, you could see forty life birds before breakfast! Then, spend three nights on Tobago at the pleasant Blue Waters Inn, right on the water.
Tour Highlights on Trinidad
- Discover the AWNC with expert guides, who share robust knowledge and world-class guiding
- Relax with morning coffee and easy birding on the famed verandah
- See Oilbirds in Dunston Cave on the Centre’s grounds
- Bird with David Allen Sibley — a very special experience!
- Hike intriguing trails with trained and personable guides
- Witness skies clouded with hundreds of Scarlet Ibis as they roost at Caroni National Park
Tour Highlights on Tobago
- Arrive to a picturesque vista across Batteaux Bay to Little Tobago Island
- Enjoy boutique-style ocean-front accommodations with air conditioning and a private bath and porch or patio
- Marvel at tropical seabirds and tropical fish on a glass-bottom boat tour to Little Tobago Island
- Visit Tobago’s historic Main Forest Ridge Preserve with an expert local guide
Photo credits: Banner: Blue-chinned Sapphire by Sandy Sorkin; Blue-gray Tanager by Mike Boyce; Caroni Swamp Boat Trip by Dodie Logue; Common Potoo by Mike Boyce; Great Kiskadee by Sandy Sorkin; Copper-rumped Hummingbird by Buck Snelson; Torch Ginger, Caligo Ventures Stock; Trinidad Motmot by Mike Boyce.