Explore Trinidad and Tobago, the best introduction to tropical birding on the planet, with our 10-Day, 2-Island Classic Tour. Based out of Trinidad’s world-renowned Asa Wright Nature Centre (AWNC) and Tobago’s Blue Waters Inn, you’ll discover a fascinating cross-section of brilliant birds from the Caribbean and South America. This Ten-Day Classic is sure to be an incredible adventure.
Tour Highlights on Trinidad
- Travel with AWNC’s expert guides, who share robust knowledge and friendly, world-class guiding skills
- Savor six nights at the classic AWNC; relish morning coffee and birding on the famous verandah
- Gain exclusive access to enigmatic Oilbirds in the grotto of Dunston Cave, on the Centre’s grounds
- Witness skies turned crimson with thousands of Scarlet Ibis coming in to roost in Caroni National Park
- Special for Leatherback Turtle nesting season, visit Matura Beach at sunset to watch females come ashore to lay eggs, April through July ... by June there is also the incredible chance to witness hatchlings
Tour Highlights on Tobago
- Arrive to a picturesque vista across Batteaux Bay to Little Tobago Island
- Enjoy boutique-style ocean-front accommodations with air conditioning and a private bath and porch or patio
- Marvel at tropical seabirds and tropical fish on a glass-bottom boat tour to Little Tobago Island
- Visit Tobago’s historic Main Forest Ridge Preserve with an expert local guide
Photo credits: Banner: Savannah Hawk, Mike Boyce; Caterpillar, Mike Boyce; Blue-gray Tanager, Mike Boyce; Copper-rumped Hummingbird, Mike Boyce; Bananaquit, Mike Boyce; Owl Butterfly, Buck Snelson; AWNC Walkway, Bud Ferguson; Purple Honeycreeper, Peg Abbott.